Bay Area Veterinary Surgery (BAVS) is the only surgical referral practice on the Peninsula and is centrally located in the well-equipped Peninsula Animal Referral Center in Yorktown, Virginia.
Easily accessible via Interstate 64, and just 20 miles east of Williamsburg, we provide advanced surgical solutions for patients in eastern Virginia and communities surrounding the Chesapeake Bay.
As a specialty practice, the goal of BAVS is to partner with your family veterinarian to provide the highest level of care for our patients. Our practice accepts cases which require specialized care or the option of advanced procedures by referral only.
The Top Five Questions to Ask Your Veterinarian Before Your Pet Undergoes Surgery:
- How often has the veterinarian performed this type of surgery?
- Does the surgery require special equipment, and is it available?
- Does my pet’s surgery require a specialist?
- What outcome should I expect from surgery?
- What follow-up care is necessary?